2020 CNS Trainee Travel Awards
2020 marks the CNS 10th Anniversary. To help commemorate this landmark year, the CNS Board of Directors has established a 10th Anniversary Trainee Travel Grant Award to provide funding support for up to 10 trainees to attend #CNS2020Edmonton.
Eligible recipients must:
- Be a CNS member in good standing
- Be currently enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate* student at a Canadian institution
- Have submitted an abstract to #CNS2020Edmonton by the January 31, 2020 deadline (late-breaking abstracts are ineligible)
- Commit to attend the entire CNS conference (May 7 to 9th, 2020), including all poster sessions and the CNS Awards Banquet (May 9th, 6:30-9:30pm.)
* Undergraduates must be presenting data and be sponsored by a CNS Active member / proof of undergraduate trainee status.
Completed application package sent in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.. The package must include the following within one document in the order as listed below:
- Cover letter that outlines the following:
- Explanation of how your research aligns with CNS's mission and priorities (maximum 200 words)
- Expression of how attending the conference would benefit your academic program and personal development (maximum 200 words)
- Description of why you believe you are deserving of this award (maximum 200 words)
- Copy of submitted abstract
- Estimated budget of coverage to be claimed (flight, ground transportation, hotel)
- Current CV
Submit your application to: email@example.com by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, February 21, 2020.
Up to $2,000 of registration/travel expenses ** will be provided to each awarded trainee. Allowable expenses include:
- Conference registration
- Awards banquet ticket
- Transportation costs (Most economical mode - i.e. economy air fare, train, bus, mileage)
- Ground transportation (up to $150)
- Up to 3 nights’ accommodation at the CNS Conference Hotel (Hilton Doubletree)
The following expenses will not be covered:
- Meals (most meals are provided as part of the conference)
- Social activity (other than the banquet)
** Trainees to submit completed CNS expense forms (along with original receipts) within four weeks following the conference to obtain reimbursement.
Applications will be reviewed and recipients chosen based on:
- Strength of application
- Strength of abstract
- February 3, 2020 – Travel Award Opportunity is announced
- February 21, 2020 – Application deadline (by 11:59 pm ET)
- March 13, 2020 – Applicants are notified (Note: There has been a delay in notifications in light of the covid-19 situation. We are working to communicate with applicants as soon as possible.)
- March 20, 2020 – Early-bird CNS 2020 Conference registration deadline
Please submit questions by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.