Improved Efficiency, Safety, Nutrition and Cost: The Case for a Plant-Based Menu in Child Care: A Case Study
- Member: $0.00 - Save 100%
- Student Member: $0.00 - Save 100%
- Non-Member: $0.00
Member Fees will be applied upon check out.
Valerie Trew, MA (Leadership), RECE (University of Guelph)
Abby Galvez, BASc - University of Guelph
- Understand the benefits of a plant-based menu for kitchen safety and efficiency
- Understand the benefits of a plant-based menu for nutrition (with sample menu and nutritional analysis)
- Understand the unanticipated benefits of a plant-based menu for child care food budgets and community connections
- Understand the responsibility of early learning programs to reduce their environmental impact and how this can be achieved through a plant-based menu
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS:
Valerie Trew is the director at the University of Guelph Child Care and Learning Centre in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. She also teaches in the Bachelor of Applied Science program at the University of Guelph and Guelph-Humber with a focus on public policy, administration, and leadership. Valerie has spent 20 years working in children's services through postsecondary education, regional government, early intervention, and early learning and child care. Valerie is passionate about transforming our food systems for human and planetary health and to end oppression. She obtained a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition
Abby Galvez is a graduate of the Applied Human Nutrition major at the University of Guelph. Her interest in nutrition as a teenager developed into a passion for helping others attain a healthy relationship with food and body image. She completed a practicum at the University of Guelph Child Care and Learning Centre where she supported the transition to a plant-based menu through menu development and nutritional analysis. She is currently working as a Meal Coordinator in a school setting and as a Dietary Aide in a clinical setting in Guelph. Abby is looking forward to furthering her knowledge and experience on her path to becoming a Registered Dietitian.
** Original Source: "CNS Education Webinars" Friday, February 19, 2021
This webinar was sponsored by Danone Canada and The Helderleigh Foundation.
Last Updated: February 19, 2021
|Valerie Trew, Abby Galvez "Improved Efficiency, Safety, Nutrition and Cost: The Case for a Plant-Based Menu in Child Care"||File|
|Improved Efficiency, Safety, Nutrition and Cost: The Case for a Plant-Based Menu in Child Care: A Case Study||Video|