Participation in the Virtual AGM
With the cancellation of the CNS 2020 Annual Confernce due to COVID-19, the CNS 2020 AGM will now be held virtually on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm EST. All CNS members in good standing are eligible to attend. Only "Active" and "Emeritus" members (including joint ASN, ASPEN ESPEN Active and Emeritus members) are eligible to vote on motions.
Please see detailed information on how to register to attend the AGM, as well as how to participate virtually during the meeting.
1. How do I register to participate?
All CNS members in good standing (2020) will receive an email invititation from the Canadian Nutrition Society (CNS) (firstname.lastname@example.org) on Tuesday, May 5th, 2020 with the subject line CNS 2020 Annual General Meeting Notice. This email invitation will contain your membership ID# and membership category, along with a registration link to allow you to register to attend the CNS 2020 AGM. The CNS Member ID will be required.
Once registered, a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar will be sent to your email address. The subject line will be 2020 Annual General Meeting Confirmation. Please save this confirmation email as it will contain important features you'll need for May 26th including a "JOIN WEBINAR" button, audio specifics, and system requirements. The confirmation email will also allow you to add the AGM information to your calendar.
2. How do I join the Virtual AGM?
Step 1: A few days in advance of the AGM, please be sure to check your system requirements to avoid any connection issues. You can test your system by CLICKING HERE. View system requirements by CLICKING HERE. You can also download the GoTo software if you wish.
Step 2: A few minutes before the AGM, please click the blue "JOIN WEBINAR" button as found in your 2020 Annual General Meeting Confirmation email referenced in FAQ #1 above.
Step 3: Once you have joined the webinar, please enter your full name (first & last) into the Questions box in your control panel. This will allow us to track attendance. As well, you should mute your line until a moderator asks you to unmute yourself.
What you'll see:
- On the left side of the screen is the GoToWebinar Viewer. This is where you will see the AGM presentation.
On the right side you will see the GoToWebinar control panel. On the Control Panel you can:
- Select your audio mode - Select COMPUTER AUDIO if you wish to use your built in speaker/mic or TELEPHONE AUDIO if you wish to view on computer but call in to hear audio / speak.
- Put yourself on Mute / un-Mute. Note: please mute yourself until a moderator asks you to unmute.
- Raise your hand if you wish to speak - a moderator will check-in with you.
- Post a question in the QUESTION box. It is here where you will also type your full name to announce yourself, respond if you wish to FIRST or SECOND a motion.
3. Do I have to use my computer audio features?
In your 2020 Annual General Meeting Confirmation email, the following audio options will be outined:
TO USE YOUR COMPUTER'S AUDIO:
When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.
TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9385
Access Code: 221-981-802
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar
Webinar ID: 446-162-683
4. Where can I find the AGM agenda?
The AGM agenda will be linked in your invitation letter. It can also be found HERE.
5. Who can vote?
Only CNS "Active" or "Emeritus" (including joint Active or Emeritus ASN, ASPEN, ESPEN) members are eligible to vote. CNS Student and Young Professional members are not eligible to vote.
CNS moderators will be tracking participants to ensure only those votes from eligible members are counted.
6. How do I vote to pass a motion?
To vote to pass a motion, please type "FIRST" or "SECOND" as appropriate into the QUESTIONS box in your control panel.
Voting will happen using the POLLS function. During the relevant points in the agenda, a poll will be launched onscreen; you can select one answer from the choices shown:
- To vote IN FAVOUR of a motion, please select "IN FAVOUR" to the poll you will see onscreen.
- To vote AGAINST a motion, please select "OPPOSED" to the poll you will see onscreen.
- To ABSTAIN, please select "ABSTAIN" to the poll you will see onscreen.
7. How do I ask I question?
Please "RAISE YOUR HAND" by selecting the HAND feature in the control panel. A moderator will check with you and ask you to unmute yourself so that you can verbalize your question when you are asked to do so. Alternatively, you can type your question into the QUESTION box, and a moderator will bring the question forward.
8. How do I contact an organizer during the AGM?
Please "raise your hand" by selecting the hand feature in the control panel. A moderator will check-in with you. You can also email email@example.com (there may be a delay if you choose this route).
9. How do I bring an agenda item forward?
At the beginning of AGENDA 8.0, Dr. Ferland will ask if there are items to discuss under NEW BUSINESS. This is your opportunity to raise a new agenda item. Please "RAISE YOUR HAND" by selecting the HAND feature in the control panel. A moderator will check with you and ask you to unmute yourself so that you can verbalize your new item when the question is asked. Alternatively, you can type your question into the QUESTION box, and a moderator will bring the new agenda item forward.
10. Will the AGM be recorded and available for later viewing?
The AGM will be recorded to assist with minute taking. It will not be accessible for later viewing.