Call for Abstracts
The Canadian Nutrition Society (CNS) is intending once again to provide thematic conference attendees (including Students/Trainees) with an ideal opportunity to highlight and present their nutrition focused research, particularly emphasizing research with a focus on Healthy Diets and Weight. The CNS anticipates accepting approximately 20 high quality abstracts for this Conference taking place January 12, 2019 in Toronto ON. Presenters will not need to submit original, previously unpublished research and will be able to present recent posters. Accepted abstracts will not be published in the APNM Journal but will be published in the Conference Presentations and Abstracts (members only) section of the CNS website.
- Fri. Dec. 7, 2018 - Abstract Submission Deadline
- Wed. Dec. 12, 2018 - Notification of Abstract Review/Acceptance and poster presentation instructions
- Fri. Dec. 14, 2018 - Early Bird Registration Deadline.
Authors of accepted abstracts are expected to register for, and attend, the conference and to be available to delegates during poster viewing periods.
Only CNS Members in good standing, or those who have applied for membership, are eligible to submit abstracts.
- Note: Memberships, when purchased via the CNS Online Membership Portal, will be effective immediately upon payment. This will allow you to proceed to abstract submission.
There is a $25 non-refundable fee for each abstract submission (online credit card payment by Visa or MasterCard only).
- This fee will NOT be refunded if your abstract is not accepted or if you do not attend the conference.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the CNS online abstract submission form.
- In case of problems, please contact the CNS office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may submit more than one abstract. Do not submit multiple versions of the same abstract or it will not be reviewed.
- Accepted abstracts will not be published in the APNM Journal but will be published in the Conference Presentations and Abstracts (members only) section of the CNS website.
- Presenters will not need to submit original, previously unpublished research and will be able to present recent posters.
- Authors of accepted abstracts are expected to attend the conference and to be available to delegates during poster viewing periods.
- Authors who will present at the conference will not be compensated for their expenses including registration fees, travel, meals or hotel expenses.
- The poster size must not exceed 3.5 ft (42 inches) x 3.5 ft (42 inches). Poster may be smaller, but not larger. Posters that are larger in size will not be accommodated. There will be four posters per poster board.
REQUIRED ABSTRACT FORMAT
Please note that abstracts that do not adhere to the required abstract format (as indicated below) may be subject to return to author and require resubmission (an additional fee).
- Abstract is being submitted by the presenting author.
- Presenting author is listed FIRST in the list of authors.
- Authors' first and last names must be spelled out in full.
- Affiliation of co-authors is completed in full.
- In the abstract title, you have capitalized the first word only, other than proper nouns.
- Abstract does not exceed 350 words (excluding the title).
- Abstract is written in English.
- Standard abbreviation is used; any special/unusual abbreviations are in parenthesis after the full word when it appears the first time.
- Financial support should be indicated in brackets at the end of the abstract. No references nor acknowledgement sections are required.
- Neither charts nor tables are included.
- The abstract has been proof-read for errors.